Thursday, December 9, 2010

Today was a good day.


Banksy, of course.


Work was bearable.
kcwonder.com went live.
My Melbourne move was confirmed.

It's a little overwhelming to think that shit is actually happening in my life, but I am damn sure I have procrastinated enough and now is the time to act. Despite knowing all that I am leaving behind (namely my loved ones), I'm motivated by the endless possibilities that lie ahead and the knowledge of what I wish not to become - content in a mediocre existence.

I won't deny that I am fucking terrified at the prospect of having to build a life from scratch in a place where I know nobody. But I think that fear is what forces ordinary people to do extraordinary things. Drags you out of your tiny box and shoves you into an environment where only the fittest survive.

I don't know how successful I'll be, if the dark moments will supersede the light, if I will throw my hands in the air and concede defeat...maybe. Hopefully not.

What I do know is that I'm gonna be working my fucking ass off making sure I prove myself to myself. And to all the small town folk who are hoping I fail? Fuck you. You'll see me.

K. x

No comments:

Post a Comment