Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In transit

It is both irritating and fascinating to know what can force me to scribe productively. My latest source of inspiration? Four hours alone on a budget airline with RUSSH magazine, Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet and a fresh notepad.





Having recently watched a documentary chronicling Woody Allen's career, I have decided to adopt his (and Nike's) approach to writing and creating. Just do it. Just put it all on paper whenever and wherever it comes to you; whether it be a word, a phrase or a whole motherfucking novel. Bring it into physical existence before it gets lost in your stupid analysis and self-consciousness and then look at it all at another time. Things make much more sense in hindsight.



The man. He's a little bit cuckoo but a lot of genius. If I'm going to spend my life being a struggling creative then I might as well pretend I'm Woody Allen. Granted I probably won't be shacking up with my lover's adopted child.


K.x

No comments:

Post a Comment