Monday, May 23, 2011

Motivation Pt. 1

Image: Banksy (again)


“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”  - Zig Ziglar


So I've been playing a pretty constant game of cat and mouse with motivation of late - and by 'of late', I actually mean 'forever' - and it's incredibly frustrating. I know it is largely self-induced and I know it is largely to do with my fear of doing what I really want to do. Always assuming things are going to be too hard, I'm not fit for the task and rejection or failure is sure to abound. What bullshit.


I'm not talking about anything in particular. I might actually be referring to everything. I don't know. But you know that creeping doubt that paralyses your motivation to just get your shit done? Yep. I know it. And I hate it but find it impossible to shake. Though I'm 'bout to give it a good kick in the crotch because it's shittin' me to tears and seriously cramping my style.


And so begins the hardest challenge of my life. The maintenance of motivation. How does anybody do it?


K. x

No comments:

Post a Comment