Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And so it begins...

With 15 minutes left on my internet access, here's a brief update on my journey to wherever.

Work by MISO

Arrived in Melbourne yesterday to a cool 22 degree evening. Settled in, somewhat, and feeling odd. I can't really ask for more at the moment.

Tried to familiarise myself with the city by walking the streets without a map. I ended up walking in circles, of course, but sometimes you have to do things a few times before you remember them.

Apparently it's not as easy to automatically switch to New City Mode. I feel like I've just re-entered high school at the lowest rank. As if everyone that looks at me knows I don't belong here...yet.

That's ridiculous, obviously. But I've come to terms with the fact that it's gonna take more than a couple of days to use my self-belief and hidden confidence to their utmost.

In the meantime I am rediscovering what it feels to be in your own company, in a new place, with little else to rely upon. What I do have, however, is the desire to build the life I believe I deserve. One that I've always dreamed of and one that is worthy of telling my grandkids about.

Ignoring the fact that I may never feel the need to have children. So at least one that is worthy of telling my sisters' grandkids about.

Big things will come. Because I will call them to me.

K. x

No comments:

Post a Comment